Reporting to the General Operations Manager, the Accounts Manager will accomplish sales objective targets by developing field sales with operators, promoting sales through front line and other positive methods. The role will be largely focused on the supply and fulfilment of customer requirements in the transportation and crane services. As a highly visible representative of Encore, the Accounts Manager will foster a community of interest among current and potential clients.
- Promote the Encore brand with current clients and future customers
- Support, train and motivate field staff to promote the Encore brand and product for additional sales
- Penetrate new higher margin markets and focus on selling Encore’s services
- Follow up on sales leads and make cold calls on potential customers
- Provide technical sales presentations to selected customers
- Identify future projects and ensure Encore participation in the bidding process
- Maintain a sales tracking system and provide routine reporting
- Travel primarily within the assigned territory
- Provide timely responses to customer requests and inquiries, become a first call resource
- Customer face time is expected to be 60-70% minimum
- Map potential clients and generate leads for the organization
- Maintain a high level of discretion regarding confidential information
- Adhere to all applicable federal and provincial regulations regarding day to day conduct of business
All Encore employees are responsible for understanding and complying with Encore and outside authority regulations, procedures and policies. Employees must apply this to all aspects and tasks related to their position and take part in the further development of the safety program. Workers are responsible for identifying hazards and having the necessary controls in place to prevent incidents and near misses.
Hazard assessments must be completed (e.g. shop forms, BOL, and site, shop and office inspections), discussed with all involved parties, and submitted to the safety department.
Employees MUST report all near misses and incidents immediately to an Encore supervisor or Encore contact as per the Alberta Worker’s Compensation Act and the Federal and Alberta Occupational Health and Safety Act. All paperwork including an incident report and investigation form must be filled out with employee information and a detailed description of the incident with root causes and corrective actions taken.
The Head of Sales operates company vehicles. This is a safety sensitive position.
- Passionate about sales, and exceptionally good at it
- Proven track record in field sales experience
- 1-2 years of technical sales experience is an asset
- 3-5 years of sales experience
- Experience in sales for the transportation and crane industry is an asset
- Must have an operational drivers license
- Builds relationships with ease
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer literate
- Strong time management and a high degree of attention to detail
Thank you for your application but only those being considered for the position will be contacted.
No phone calls – please submit your resume and cover letter via the employment form or by emailing: email@example.com