We are currently looking to fill a TRUCKING DISPATCHER position at our Edmonton headquarters.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The first priority in our search is to look for someone with integrity. Encore is a respected carrier in the transportation and lifting industry. We intend to maintain this ‘trust’ by hiring the best person available.
Encore is one of the larger boom truck companies. This includes all aspects of the industry, heavy crane to 50 ton, long straight booms to 200 ft, and knuckle booms up to 90 ton.
Any dispatcher will need experience in a lifting environment. A journeyman ticket would be a large asset. Dispatching experience is a necessity. Experience in Heavy Haul would be a valued asset.
The ability to effectively communicate with staff and customers is extremely important. The candidate must be able to conduct themselves professionally, act with respect to both clients and colleagues; and work within a tight knit team office environment.
- Schedule the proper equipment and operators to perform the daily workload.
- Develop a working knowledge of the Encore fleet and equipment so it is dispatched effectively and efficiently.
- Develop a working knowledge of all products hauled, as well as all regulations and operating authorities pertinent to Encore’s operations.
- Promote effective communication between the dispatch office and all other Encore departments; including assisting the billing department with BOL information, times, prices, and equipment used as needed.
- Develop professional working relationships with Encore operators, drivers, swampers and shop personnel to promote a positive and efficient work environment.
- Interact with Encore customers on a daily basis in a professional and organized manner including booking jobs, gathering pertinent information, troubleshooting issues and resolving disputes.
- Monitoring operator/driver logs and times to ensure they are operating and driving within government regulations.
- Prepare quotations and job estimates with the appropriate equipment, time frame, operator and any additional costs.
- Work with Encore computer systems, procedures and safety policies on a daily basis.
- Be comfortable working in a fast-pace, demanding environment where multiple customers, work sites, trailer loads and paperwork are being dealt with on a daily basis
- Must be able to work 8 AM to 5 PM daily with rotating on-call schedule (evenings/weekends).
- Minimum of 2 years of proven experience in a dispatching environment
- Minimum of 3 -5 years of Crane / Trucking industry knowledge
- Heavy haul experience an asset
- Crane & Hoisting (knuckle boom and straight boom) experience an asset
- Permitting experience an asset. Familiar with permitting processes in heavy haul, over-dimensional and multiple axle loads (provincial/city/municipal)
- Management experience with formal education an asset
- Class 1 and crane ticket an asset
- Familiarity with utility electrical companies and their processes for high corridor routing, power line lifting, light turning, etc.
- Have a full understanding of MS Office and Windows based computing systems
- Knowledge of AXON dispatching software an asset
- Very strong writing and verbal communication skills in English are necessary
- Highly organized with an emphasis on keeping high volumes of paperwork in order
- Strong communication skills, professional phone manner, good decision making ability
- Work well as part of the Encore team – important to be disciplined enough to follow procedures and company structures
- Results driven, have the ability to prioritize projects, and possess a strong work ethic
- Manage time effectively with an emphasis on high call volume times.
Compensation is based upon experience.Encore offers good wages and great benefits including RRSP.
Apply via employment form or by emailing resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no phone calls please.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Encore Trucking & Transport Ltd.